Holy Monastery of Saint George
The Monastery of Saint George is located near Manesi, Kalavrita. It was built in the 12th to 14th century.
In front of the Holy Temple there is a shelter which during the years of Ottoman occupation rule was used as a Hidden School, as well as during the years of the Italian-German occupation 1941 - 1944 as a safe haven for the inhabitants of Manesi.
The General Archives of the State show that the Monastery of Saint George with the inhabitants of Manesi and the surrounding villages of Boubouka, Kryoneri, Trechlous, Lapata, Ano and Kato Vlasia and Bondiades contributed to the struggle of 1821 for the freedom of the homeland from the Turkish yoke.Naviga tramite Google Maps